Re: Documentation on setting up smtp

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 04:14:19PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 03:43:20PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > However, the notion of "sender" in above seems to be the login you use
> > rather than the "From" ID you set. (I think that's called envelope sender
> > or something.).
> Sorry that was totally a client side issue.
> In mutt set envelope_from solves the issue.

There is a better way to fix which doesn't require client configuration

1.) You add the following line to "/etc/postfix/":

        canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical

2.) You create a file "/etc/postfix/canonical" with entries like this:

3.) You create a database for the above map with this command:

        postmap /etc/postfix/canonical

4.) You use the following command to reload Postfix:

        /etc/rc.d/postfix reload

Afterwards Postfix will rewrite the addresses as necessary. You can
now even "/usr/bin/mail" and will still get the correct address.

        Kind regards

Matthias Scheler