Re: Documentation on setting up smtp

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:05:57AM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > It works fine for me. I just want to add the sender specific gmail
> > username and password.
>
> Please read "man 8 smtp". The configuration setting you are looking for
> is called "smtp_sender_dependent_authentication".

Thanks. Searching by above option I got this link that solved the problem:
http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#client_sasl_sender

However, the notion of "sender" in above seems to be the login you use
rather than the "From" ID you set. (I think that's called envelope sender
or something.).

Can't I use different identities from the same login and have each
identity use a different gmail account?

Mayuresh.