Re: Documentation on setting up smtp

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:05:57AM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> > It works fine for me. I just want to add the sender specific gmail
> > username and password.
> Please read "man 8 smtp". The configuration setting you are looking for
> is called "smtp_sender_dependent_authentication".

Thanks. Searching by above option I got this link that solved the problem:

However, the notion of "sender" in above seems to be the login you use
rather than the "From" ID you set. (I think that's called envelope sender
or something.).

Can't I use different identities from the same login and have each
identity use a different gmail account?