Re: What makes NetBSD special?

In all this points Dragonfly is easier to update and mantain.

But it is not running on Toasters :-)

2011/8/1 Daniel Carrera <dcarrera%gmail.com@localhost>

> On 07/31/2011 11:10 PM, Andy Ruhl wrote:
>
>> There isn't much difference in actual use. It's some minor differences
>> in package management for the most part.
>>
>> The difference for the lay person is functionality and supported
>> hardware. NetBSD is ahead as far as number of platforms, but FreeBSD
>> has all of the really popular ones as far as I remember. FreeBSD also
>> has support for ZFS which some people consider important.
>>

> Who has better support for peripherals and components? I'm thinking
> printers, digital cameras, webcams, graphics cards, etc. I did find this
> page:

http://www.netbsd.org/support/**hardware/<http://www.netbsd.org/support/hardw
are/>

--
Mit freundlichen Grü�en,
i.A. Markus Maiwald

Apple for Works - *NIX for Network - Windows for Solitaire

Security is the one concept, which makes things in your life stay as
they are. Otto Normal is a man, who is afraid of changes in his life;
so naturally he does not employ security.