Re: Flash sites in Firefox

On Jul 21, 2010, at 12:21 PM, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
> I set up a Dell for my young kids to play games at the PBS Kids site.  The
> experience has been awful - loading takes forever, lots of stuff not working,
> etc.  Is this due to me doing something wrong (please advise - this would be
> a relief), peculiarities of Linux-compatibility in NetBSD (in which case I
> may just wipe the box for Linux - annoying but not too painful), or the state
> of Flash support on open OS's in general (in which case I'll probably have to
> buy a new machine - more painful; running Win7 - much more painful)?

Adobe supports Windows, MacOSX, Linux, and Solaris (from ).  If it is important to you
that Flash works well, you should either persuade Adobe to provide a NetBSD
version, or you should switch to using one of the platforms on which Flash is

Note that the Flash license is extremely restrictive; see a similar discussion
archived here:

Probably the best suggestion was to set up a virtual machine via Xen or VMWare
to run Win7 (or OpenSolaris / Linux if you prefer).