Flash sites in Firefox

I set up a Dell for my young kids to play games at the PBS Kids site.  The
experience has been awful - loading takes forever, lots of stuff not working,
etc.  Is this due to me doing something wrong (please advise - this would be a
relief), peculiarities of Linux-compatibility in NetBSD (in which case I may
just wipe the box for Linux - annoying but not too painful), or the state of
Flash support on open OS's in general (in which case I'll probably have to buy
a new machine - more painful; running Win7 - much more painful)?

adobe-flash-plugin-10.0.0.525 Adobe Flash Player Browser plugin
firefox-3.6.3       Web browser with support for extensions
libflashsupport-1.0.2098nb1 Additional Interface Support for Linux Flash Player
nspluginwrapper-1.2.2nb3 Use Netscape compatible plugins from other platforms
suse_base-10.0nb5   Linux compatibility package
suse_compat-10.0nb3 Linux compatibility package with old shared libraries
suse_expat-10.0nb2  Linux compatibility package for expat
suse_fontconfig-10.0nb6 Linux compatibility package for fontconfig
suse_freetype2-10.0nb5 Linux compatibility package for freetype-2.x
suse_gtk2-10.0nb4   Linux compatibility package for GTK+-2.x
suse_libjpeg-10.0nb2 Linux compatibility package for JPEG
suse_libpng-10.0nb4 Linux compatibility package for PNG
suse_libtiff-10.0nb4 Linux compatibility package for TIFF
suse_openssl-10.0nb5 Linux compatibility package for OpenSSL
suse_x11-10.0nb4    Linux compatibility package for X11

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim Larson