Re: setting up drives

In Message <loom.20100610T022706-264%post.gmane.org@localhost>,
   DL <devinlasalle%hotmail.com@localhost>wrote:

=>Hmmm... the /var/run/log directory's permissions are
=>
=>srw-rw-rw- root wheel
=>
=>I don't think I've ever seen an 's' in a directory permission string rather
=>than a 'd'. Should I change that somehow?  If not then how can I copy that
=>/var/run/log directory over to the other disk2 as it is?

   That's a UNIX-domain (a.k.a. Local-domain) socket. cp -R should
be able to copy it, at least according to the man page. However if
the target disk doesn't support socket files, e.g. if it is MSDOS,
then that could cause the problem.

                                        Gary Duzan