Re: Questions about filesystem choice

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 04:22:54AM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I wrote the following to reduce disk access if you're not going to try
> and go full read-only:
> http://www.mspo.com/netbsdreadmostly.html

I have a Soekris running with a very similar configuration, and my / is
actually mounted read-only (only /var is permantently writable, /tmp and
/var/run are on tmpfs like yours).

I only don't like the syslog hack in your document for dhcpd.leases.  I
used an /etc/rc.conf.d/dhcpd file instead:

---<<<---
required_files="/etc/dhcpd.conf /var/run/dhcpd.leases"
start_precmd="touch_leasedb"

touch_leasedb()
{
        touch /var/run/dhcpd.leases