Re: patching for 2010-002: I feel like an idiot, but this isn't working

Anne Bennett <> writes:

> Okay, I will.  Nuts, I just discovered "Chapter 33. Updating
> an existing system from sources" in "The NetBSD guide".
> If I'd found that in the first place, I would have saved you
> all some time.  Off to RTFM...

Also, you may or may not find it useful to install
pkgsrc/sysutils/etcmanage.  This is basically

  a wrapper around to organize obj/tool/release how I want

  a script to install a release on a running system (INSTALL-NetBSD)

  a perl script to update files in /etc from the new release, but only
  if you haven't also changed them

I use this to update systems along netbsd-5 all the time.  It also lets
me build on one system and install on another.