patching for 2010-002: I feel like an idiot, but this isn't working

I'm finally catching up with security advisories applicable
to 5.0.1 since I installed it the first week of January, but I
can't seem to get the updates to openssl for advisory 2010-002.
The first two steps of the instructions are:

        To update from CVS, re-build, and re-install OpenSSL:

                # cd src
                # cvs update -r <branch_name> -d -P crypto/dist/openssl/ssl

Here's what happened:
  # cd /usr/src
  # cvs update -r netbsd-5-0-1-RELEASE -d -P crypto/dist/openssl/ssl
  cvs update: Updating crypto/dist/openssl/ssl

... and no files were updated.

Furthermore, when I used the web-based CVS browser to check for the
files, none of the files listed at this URL:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/crypto/dist/openssl/ssl/?hideattic=0&sortby=date&only_with_tag=netbsd-5-0-1-RELEASE#dirlist

were recent at all.

I feel like an idiot, but... what obvious thing have I misunderstood here?

Anne.