Re: Xorg and thinkpad x200s

On Jan 11, 2010, at 7:16 AM, Pau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the bios was already on AHCI...

What are the other values?  Have you tried one of them?

> That's really bad. I am looking forward to using NetBSD on this laptop
> for my production system, and this is a "feature" I would really need.
>
> Look at this:
>
> # sysctl hw.acpi.supported_states
> hw.acpi.supported_states = S0 S3 S4 S5
>
> # dmesg | grep pciide0
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 3 function 2: vendor 0x8086 product 0x2a46 (rev. 0x07)
> pciide0: bus-master DMA support present, but unused (no driver support)
> pciide0: primary channel wired to native-PCI mode
> pciide0: using ioapic0 pin 18 for native-PCI interrupt
> atabus0 at pciide0 channel 0
> pciide0: secondary channel wired to native-PCI mode
> atabus1 at pciide0 channel 1
> Devices without power management support: pciide0

The problem is very local: one specific driver (pciide, which is used to attach
the bus to the PCI bus, doesn't support suspsend/resume.  If you use a
different disk interface, it may select a different driver.

Beyond that -- someone who knows that driver would have to add power management
support.  It's probably just a matter of saving and restoring a few registers,
but past that I don't know; I've never looked at that driver and have no
knowledge of the device.

The only other thing to do is to try a -current kernel, but I don't even know
if anyone has been working on it.