Re: Xorg and thinkpad x200s

On Jan 10, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Pau wrote:

> Hello,
> and then? I have tried starting the apm daemon and apm -S and apm -z
> (zzz) but nothing happens.
> fn+F4 does not work either
> I guess this means that it does not work?

For acpi, you should start powerd, not apmd.  The sysctl shown below should
suspend immediately, though; if that didn't happen, something else is wrong.

If it does work, the actions actually taken for events -- such as closing the
lid, or hitting Fn+F4 -- are from scripts in /etc/powerd/scripts.
> Thanks
> 2010/1/10 Soren Jacobsen <>:
>> On Jan 9, 2010, at 4:27 PM, Pau wrote:
>>> This is an acpi machine... how can I try to see whether it suspends
>>> and/or standby works?
>> sysctl -w machdep.sleep_state=3

                --Steve Bellovin,