Re: Drupal Configuration

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 02:42:43PM +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> mysql    mysqld     29695 10 tcp    localhost.mysql       *.*
> mysql    mysqld     29695 12 stream /tmp/mysql.sock       -
>
> and........
>
> netstat -ln | grep mysql
> c1f01080 stream      0      0 cdc77a10        0        0        0
> /tmp/mysql.sock
>
> I have to find a way to connect Drupal to MySQL but I'm not getting
> there just now

How are you telling Drupal to connect? MySQL makes a difference between
"localhost" and "127.0.0.1" (which is totally bogus). localhost means
"connection through the socket" and 127.0.0.1 means "connection through
the network interface lo0".

Does the user you're connecting as have access to the drupal database?
Did you perform the grant  for <username>@localhost or
<username>@127.0.0.1?  This should match the connection method.

Cheers,
Peter