Re: Drupal Configuration

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 10:59:13AM +0100, Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Hello there
>
> So, some advice from someone who knows how to sort this out could be
> good at this point :)  How do this translate to NetBSD ?  ...  Which
> folders or directories do I replace here .....
>
> cp sites/default/default.settings.php sites/default/settings.php
> chmod o+w sites/default/settings.php
> chmod o+w sites/default

The "sites" directory is supposed to be relative to Drupal's docroot.
So, if you extracted Drupal to /home/www/drupal-6, you should find
the settings.php as /home/www/drupal-6/sites/default/settings.php
and files would be under /home/www/drupal-6/sites/default/files

I don't know where you extracted Drupal, so I can't help you find the
right location.  If you used pkgsrc, I don't know where it extracts
that, but then again, I don't use pkgsrc for installing webapps since
it's much easier to just extract the tarball under the www docroot
manually.

Looking at the PLIST for the package, it looks like it puts the Drupal
docroot at /usr/pkg/share/drupal so you would find the settings.php
under /usr/pkg/share/drupal/sites/default/settings.php

HTH,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx