Re: Drupal Configuration

>  /usr/pkg/share/drupal/sites/default/settings.php

Right, I've checked the MySQL database is up and running.  Checked the
password and user name.  Checked that the permissions are correct on
setting.php.  Can't find anything wrong there.

The reason I got started on this was because of the fact that when I
try to go to http://localhost/drupal/install.php the page comes up on
the screen and then starts to go round in a circle when I try to put
the password and database user name into it.  To install Drupal you go
through several screens which are > Choose language > Verify
requirements > Set up database.  When it gets to setup database
nothing happens.  As though MySQL is not running.  I have this in

Which is explained here....

sockstat -l shows.....

mysql    mysqld     29695 10 tcp    localhost.mysql       *.*
mysql    mysqld     29695 12 stream /tmp/mysql.sock       -

netstat -ln | grep mysql
c1f01080 stream      0      0 cdc77a10        0        0        0

telnet localhost 3306 ....

Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying Connected to localhost.  Escape character is '^]'.
45.0.67+i,;%Dia.,_tL]p:m;|~(FConnection closed by foreign host.

Can't run the lsof command on a NetBSD machine to find any more info.
Anything I can use to find out what port MySQL is running on ?  The
other question is that is this a feature or a bug ?  Might be
something to do with something running chrooted ?  Maybe the port is
not running on 3306 ?

I have to find a way to connect Drupal to MySQL but I'm not getting
there just now