Re: Intel Enanched Speedstep support.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 08:43:17PM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> There is nothing to play with the fans, for some hardware you could
> hack a driver though. Fans are controlled by the BIOS or some embedded
> controller.
I don't know if my driver is hackable but in any case I'm pretty sure I'm not
currently able to hack it.

> Setting clock speed is possible for most older but not recent Intel
> chips with the est driver. The newer chips can only be controlled via
> ACPI and we don't have a suitable driver.
Just to know, what's the name of a such driver/support?
I'll replace my fan and cooler. Thgouh I can say I lose: the problem couldn't
be solved.

THX for your help and time.

Regards,
Claudio M. Alessi