Re: Intel Enanched Speedstep support.

Hi, Claudio--

On Jun 28, 2009, at 10:57 AM, Claudio M. Alessi wrote:
That's why I'm forced to hair a nasty buzzing from the CPU fan which rotates at a crazy speed. I can't tell you the exact RPM since, to be honest, I don't have
idea of what it is.
[ ... ]
                               Current  CritMax  CritMin  CritCap     Unit
        [acpitz0]
               temperature:     40.000                                degC
        [coretemp0]
          cpu0 temperature:     58.000                                degC
        [coretemp1]
          cpu1 temperature:     59.000                                degC

If your machine is idle, and your CPU fan is running loudly but only getting a ~60C temp, something is probably wrong.

You might try checking your other case or PSU fans and make sure they aren't failing or even installed backwards. For example, If you have a 60/80mm fan under the PSU, and that's installed backwards (it should be exhaust not intake for that position), it will completely mess up airflow around the CPU and you might a similar result. Or you might have something messed up with the CPU fan, heatsink, or thermal compound application-- consider replacing your CPU fan & cooler if nothing more obvious helps.

Regards,
--
-Chuck