Re: Xfree --> Xorg cookbook?

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Michael Kell Jensen wrote:

Since -current is now switched to Xorg by default, I guess it's time for me to upgrade. But it's been so many years since I've actually done an X install, I'm totally certain that I don't even know what (or where) all the various files are. I vaguely remember /etc/X11/XF86config and then there's a file somewhere that describes the xserver and its transports, ...

I know that this is not a voyage to "where no man has gone before," but it sure would be nice if one of those pioneers has actually recorded it all in the captain's log!

TIA   :-)

I don't think there is such a detailed guide ?.
I didnt find it at least!.

But i used the approach combined at the netbsd wiki.
http://wiki.netbsd.se/How_to_install_modular_Xorg

And the guide from wintellect at bsdnexus.
http://forums.bsdnexus.com/viewtopic.php?id=1736

Neither of those seem to address set-up/configuration issues.

I've got the new Xserver running on two of my machines. But neither machine will now allow me to switch my wsdisplay from the Xserver to another virtual display. And on one machine, it seems to refuse to recognize my USB mouse.

I'm assuming that there's new stuff that needs to be in some config file somewhere. Like the old /etc/X11/XF86config. But I can't seem to find any reference to this in the new X11R7 man pages. (It's probably there, but I can't find it.)

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |