Re: Aha2940 SCSI card support? (Also attendant SCSI Seagate drives)

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Staffan Thomén <duck%shangtai.net@localhost>
wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 05:23:20PM -0400, Gregg Levine wrote:
>> Hello!
>> Well according to the manpage located at http://tinyurl.com/5934eq the
>> card is indeed supported, (no doubt there), but I am more concerned
>> about this drive family, ST318404LW, which is an 18.37G drive, or even
>> this one, ST39216W who is an 9.19G drive.
>>
>> I don't know how many of you are aware of me, it happens I collect a
>> lot of oddball computer hardware. A fellow enthusiast in this area
>> (NYC) not too long ago unloaded about three quarters of his
>> collection. It happens that a good number of items there were all SCSI
>> drives and associate controllers.
>>
>> The computer I have used the card, and the 18.37G drive on before,
>> worked rather nicely with Solaris, and I didn't have any problems
>> there.
>>
>> I am however curious if anyone on this list is still running SCSI
>> hardware via Intel. My next step is to ask on the I386 list of course,
>> but I want to wait and see what all of you think.
>> -----
>> Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8%gmail.com@localhost
>> "This signature was once found posting rude
>>  messages in English in the Moscow subway."
>
> I'm not really sure what the question is here, but I've got a gateway
> with a 500MHz P3 (used to be 200MHz Pentium that used to be 133 MHz)
> which has been using a aha2940 since possibly before 1.5 or something,
> skipping over 2.0 and 3.0 and is now running 4.0.
>
> All this with various drives, including 9 and 18GB Seagates (right now
> it's got a single small IBM for a root fs)
>
> All in all, it's never had a single issue, and been running continuously
> since it was new.
>
> Staffan.
>
> --
> Staffan Thomen 1024D/7C7E2EF8
> Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Hello!
That was the question Staffan. I was quite curious about running
NetBSD (version any) on a system who would be using SCSI drives. In
this case my drive of choice would be the 18.37G device.

-----