Aha2940 SCSI card support? (Also attendant SCSI Seagate drives)

Hello!
Well according to the manpage located at http://tinyurl.com/5934eq the
card is indeed supported, (no doubt there), but I am more concerned
about this drive family, ST318404LW, which is an 18.37G drive, or even
this one, ST39216W who is an 9.19G drive.

I don't know how many of you are aware of me, it happens I collect a
lot of oddball computer hardware. A fellow enthusiast in this area
(NYC) not too long ago unloaded about three quarters of his
collection. It happens that a good number of items there were all SCSI
drives and associate controllers.

The computer I have used the card, and the 18.37G drive on before,
worked rather nicely with Solaris, and I didn't have any problems
there.

I am however curious if anyone on this list is still running SCSI
hardware via Intel. My next step is to ask on the I386 list of course,
but I want to wait and see what all of you think.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8%gmail.com@localhost
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."