Re: Big Dummy's Guide To Running NetBSD IN Vmware Player

Hello Eric,

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 03:47:19PM -0400, Eric d'Alibut wrote:
> 2. I notice the Player is running in its "Console" mode. Does this
> mean I cannot access virtual consoles inside the running NetBSD image?
> The usual Ctrl-Alt-F[#] does not work.
I don't remember if there is a command like QEMU to type such keyboard
combination (I have only real NetBSD machines here at home, I will give
a look to this possible option tomorrow at school where we have VMWare
Workstation)...

However, don't worry, you'd use wsconscfg(8) to switch between virtual
terminals, it's like the usual Ctrl-Alt-Fx, i.e.:

 # wsconscfg -s 2   # like a Ctrl-Alt-F2
 # wsconscfg -s 5   # like a Ctrl-Alt-F5

HTH and good luck Eric!

Ciao, Leonardo
--
 NetBSD: No hype and Ctrl-Alt-Fx required. ;-)
 Leonardo Taccari (leot) | http://leot.netsons.org/