Re: Does build.sh dump things into /usr/obj/ ?

Christian Baer wrote:
> Jan Danielsson wrote:
>
> > if ! [  -n "$ARCH" ] ; then
> >     ARCH=`uname -m`
> > fi
>
> Ok, this part I don't quite get. Why another "if"? I would have done
> that by just using an "else" within the first if, something like this:
>
>    if [ $# -gt 0 ] ; then
>      ARCH=$1
>    else
>      ARCH=`uname -m`
>    fi

ARCH might already be defined.  In his case, ARCH is overridden only by
the provided parameter.

> >    Just go into the directory where you want all of the files to be
> > stored. Run this script, then run build.sh with the appropriate flags.
> > Obviously, you need to run the script in the shell's process:
> > $ . prep_build_env.sh
>
> Not sure what you mean by that. :-(

Not sure what you meant by your question, but if you're not familiar with
the '.' directive, cf. 'builtins' in sh(1).  If the script is not invoked
via '.' (a/k/a 'source' in bash), all the changes it makes are lost when
it exits.

HTH.

--jkl