Re: Does build.sh dump things into /usr/obj/ ?

On Sat, 17 May 2008 08:51:34 -0400
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 2008 11:18:25 +0200

> Read /usr/src/BUILDING for details.  The answer to the specific
> question is that it builds into /usr/src.  I suspect FreeBSD has a
> better answer...

I'm told that I'm wrong, and that if /usr/obj exists NetBSD will DTRT.

Personally, I have a script that puts obj, tools, netbsd, and release
under /usr/BUILD, so I can wipe them all out very easily when I want to
do a clean build.