Re: Does build.sh dump things into /usr/obj/ ?

Christian Baer wrote:
[---]
>> Personally, I have a script that puts obj, tools, netbsd, and release
>> under /usr/BUILD, so I can wipe them all out very easily when I want to
>> do a clean build.
>
> I don't suppose, you'd care to share that script?

   I use this:

--[prep_build_env.sh]------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#ARCH=`uname -m`
BASE=`pwd`

if [ $# -gt 0 ] ; then
        ARCH=$1
fi

if ! [  -n "$ARCH" ] ; then
        ARCH=`uname -m`
fi

export TOOLDIR=$BASE/tools
export DESTDIR=$BASE/dest.$ARCH
export RELEASEDIR=$BASE/release
export MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=$BASE/obj.$ARCH
export MKUNPRIVED=yes
export MACHINE=$ARCH

if ! [ -d $TOOLDIR ] ; then
        mkdir -p $TOOLDIR
fi

if ! [ -d $DESTDIR ] ; then
        mkdir -p $DESTDIR
fi

if ! [ -d $RELEASEDIR ] ; then
        mkdir -p $RELEASEDIR
fi

if ! [ -d $MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX ] ; then
        mkdir -p $MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX
fi

   Just go into the directory where you want all of the files to be
stored. Run this script, then run build.sh with the appropriate flags.
Obviously, you need to run the script in the shell's process:

$ . prep_build_env.sh

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson