Re: netbsd4 + postfix + saslauthd

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 07:34:03PM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> hpeyerl%beer.org@localhost (Herb Peyerl) writes:
>
> >Are you sure?  I'm running the executables in /usr/libexec/postfix/
> >and after turning on the SASL options, /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd
> >is definitely trying to connect to /var/run/saslauthd/mux... So
> >unless it's only partially skizophrenic ....
>
> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
>
> There is 'Dovecot SASL' in the postfix distribution, it is server
> only (i.e.: it allows clients to authenticate against you) and
> uses the dovecot authentication daemon as a backend.
>
> I guess you copied
>
>       smtp_sasl_path = /var/run/saslauthd/mux
>
> from your old configration.
>
> pkgsrc postfix is required if you want cyrus SASL as a backend.

Apparently it's worse than that.  I ktrace'd and found that smtpd was
trying to connect(2) to an 'smtpd' socket which I didn't have so I added
smtp_sasl_path=/var/run/saslauthd/mux to get it to at least sort of
behave.

So what we're saying is I've screwed myself by copying my old main.cf
and master.cf over?