Re: netbsd4 + postfix + saslauthd (Herb Peyerl) writes:

>Are you sure?  I'm running the executables in /usr/libexec/postfix/
>and after turning on the SASL options, /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd
>is definitely trying to connect to /var/run/saslauthd/mux... So
>unless it's only partially skizophrenic ....

There is 'Dovecot SASL' in the postfix distribution, it is server
only (i.e.: it allows clients to authenticate against you) and
uses the dovecot authentication daemon as a backend.

I guess you copied

        smtp_sasl_path = /var/run/saslauthd/mux

from your old configration.

pkgsrc postfix is required if you want cyrus SASL as a backend.

                                Michael van Elst