Re: netbsd4 + postfix + saslauthd

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 07:34:22PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > Anyone have any ideas/experience?
>
> Postfix in base doesn't do SASL, you still have to run the one from
> pkgsrc for that.

Are you sure?  I'm running the executables in /usr/libexec/postfix/
and after turning on the SASL options, /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd
is definitely trying to connect to /var/run/saslauthd/mux... So
unless it's only partially skizophrenic ....

> My guess is that you forgot to keep /etc/rc.d/postfix and ran
> postinstall fix rc at some point during the upgrade.

I didn't run 'postinstall fix rc' or anything like that, but I
modified my /etc/mailer.conf to point to /usr/libexec/postfix instead
of the pkgsrc postfix so I'm pretty positive I'm (intentionally) running
the postfix from in-tree. I haven't got as far as running /etc/rc.d/postfix
as I'm still trying to get it working and so am starting it by hand.

Now I'm even more confused.