Re: NetBSD on Gateway SX2185?

On Sun, 27 Jul 2014, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

Hmm, except for a typo I can't see why the "kernel" command is not supported.

However add a "/" at the beginning, I am not sure that Grub takes the proper path to netbsd-GENERIC.

Interestingly, there really is no "kernel" command. Typing "k<TAB>" at the grub prompt gives a list of all the commands that start with letter 'k' and "kernel" is not in the list.

HOWEVER, there _is_ a command named "knetbsd". And it _worked_! I have now successfully gotten to the netbsd multi-user console prompt.

Thanks for your patience, the hints, and especially the encouragement. I was getting close to quitting on this box. Instead, I just now need to figure out how to get X working!

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |