Re: Rescan for ahcisata ?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

I had included a sample of the new output from 'drvctl -p' (show
propery dictionary) which includes the new information.  Here it is

OK, I though this was an example of what the kernel returned, not what
the user would see :)

Maybe drvctl -r could print all attributes when there's more than one,
and ask the user to choose one ?

Well, that would certainly be possible, but definitely more complex.

BTW, I find it counterintuitive to not have drvctl -r scan all attributes.
In a hot-swap bay I could replace a disk drive with a DVD drive ...

This sequence should work just fine:

        # drvctl -d wd#
        # drvctl -r atabus# atapi

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |