Re: Sysinst behavior change? (amd64)

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:

Paul Goyette wrote:
In between periods of instability on my server, there've been a couple
of instances recently where anita cannot successfully install NetBSD.

Actually, the install is successful, but when sysinst is finished, it
halt's the machine rather than reboot.  So of course, anita sits there
forever waiting for the login prompt that never comes.

On i386 and amd64, anita actually expects to see a root shell # prompt
after it quits sysinst, not a login prompt.

Yes, it got a # prompt, and entered a "halt" command, instead of "reboot".

So yes, this is not sysinst issue, but something has changed!

On my i386 testbed, there have been no failures at the install stage
since February, and those were from a different cause, so whatever
the problem is, it doesn't seem to be affecting i386.  As Martin said,
the final output from a failed installation would be helpful.

I can get a cut-and-paste of it later (I am at work now), but what it did was

        # halt
        system halted

:)

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |