Re: FAN0C0B at acpi ?

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Quentin Garnier wrote:

I don't think there is a need for a driver.  The DSDT holds the definite
answer, but I expect your acpitz(4) device(s) to be of the "active"
kind, referencing the fan objects of the DSDT.

Yeah, on two machines I get

acpitz0 at acpi0 (THRM): active cooling level 0: 73.0C critical 75.0C passive 40.0C

while on the third I have

acpitz0 at acpi0 (THRM): active cooling level 0: 122.0C critical 124.0C passive 40.0C

In active cooling mode, the TZ object points to a list of ACPI objects
the driver has to invoke a method on when the temperature threshold is
reached.  I don't think the target device has to expose any other method
related to that.

So in other words, it should be "doing the right thing" already?  :)

Somehow those temp levels seem pretty hot, especially the last one! I've never seen any of these machines run anywhere near 50C, let alone 73 or 122.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |