Re: othersrc conversion: call for RCS cleanup volunteers

On Fri, Jul 07, 2023 at 08:02:29PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> On 23-07-07 02:05, Luke Mewburn wrote:
>   | On 23-07-05 00:14, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>   |   | This just leaves
>   |   | - couple of tnftp{,d} files where later imports have older RCS dates
>   |   |   (cvs2fossil prints a full list, see my previous email)
>   |   | - some split imports of tnftp{,d} because of RCS dates
>   | The issues in tnftp and tnftpd are both related to wrong dates after
>   | "cvs import", and would have been caused by me using "cvs import -d"
>   | which uses the file's mtime instead of the import time.
>   | I'll look at fixing up the dates in a local mirror of the repo's ,v
>   | files and see what I can do, cross referencing against the actual
>   | import email in the mail archive on mail.netbsd.org, and provide
>   | the fixes back to you.
>
> (For other's benefit.)
>
> I've provided Thomas with date fixups for tnftpd and his subsequent
> conversion looks very good - the history is useable now. The commits
> are in the correct order, and split commits have been removed.
> There's a couple of occurrences of separate CVS tnftpd commits being
> merged together because they were <10 minutes apart and had the same
> commit message, but that's fine by me.
>

> I'll work on tnftp now.

Luke provided diffs for the RCS files so the the tnftp and tnftpd
commits are now properly merged.

The latest version is at

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wiz/othersrc.hg-20230708-2.tar.gz

Except for the questions opened in
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-repository/2023/07/08/msg000775.html
(about named vs. unnamed branches, and release tags) I'm not aware of
any further work that needs to be done on this conversion

Please take a close look at this repository, so that hopefully we can
soon declare this 'final'.

Thanks,
 Thomas