Re: othersrc conversion: call for RCS cleanup volunteers

On 23-07-07 02:05, Luke Mewburn wrote:
  | On 23-07-05 00:14, Thomas Klausner wrote:
  |   | This just leaves
  |   | - couple of tnftp{,d} files where later imports have older RCS dates
  |   |   (cvs2fossil prints a full list, see my previous email)
  |   | - some split imports of tnftp{,d} because of RCS dates
  |
  | The issues in tnftp and tnftpd are both related to wrong dates after
  | "cvs import", and would have been caused by me using "cvs import -d"
  | which uses the file's mtime instead of the import time.
  |
  | I'll look at fixing up the dates in a local mirror of the repo's ,v
  | files and see what I can do, cross referencing against the actual
  | import email in the mail archive on mail.netbsd.org, and provide
  | the fixes back to you.

(For other's benefit.)

I've provided Thomas with date fixups for tnftpd and his subsequent
conversion looks very good - the history is useable now. The commits
are in the correct order, and split commits have been removed.
There's a couple of occurrences of separate CVS tnftpd commits being
merged together because they were <10 minutes apart and had the same
commit message, but that's fine by me.

I'll work on tnftp now.

Thanks again to Thomas for initiating this process. I've wanted an
othersrc conversion to hg/git for a long time.

Luke.