Re: othersrc conversion: call for RCS cleanup volunteers

On 23-07-05 00:14, Thomas Klausner wrote:
  | This just leaves
  | - couple of tnftp{,d} files where later imports have older RCS dates
  |   (cvs2fossil prints a full list, see my previous email)
  | - some split imports of tnftp{,d} because of RCS dates

The issues in tnftp and tnftpd are both related to wrong dates after
"cvs import", and would have been caused by me using "cvs import -d"
which uses the file's mtime instead of the import time.

I'll look at fixing up the dates in a local mirror of the repo's ,v
files and see what I can do, cross referencing against the actual
import email in the mail archive on mail.netbsd.org, and provide
the fixes back to you.

The "import -d" option isn't documented in an obvious manner in cvs(1),
so I didn't find a reference to it when first investigating this issue,
and only became obvious to me after perusing the cvs source.

I had "import -d" in my ~/.cvsrc from 2000-02-21 until today.  While
"import -d" may have seemed reasoanble 23 years ago, but causing issues
with future migration to commit-oriented VCSes means that option doesn't
make sense any more.

Luke.