Re: Un-breaking lang/tcl? (Re: 2022Q2 freeze has started)

Am Mon, 20 Jun 2022 07:54:34 -0400
schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:

> "Dr. Thomas Orgis" <thomas.orgis%uni-hamburg.de@localhost> writes:
>
> > -lib/tcl${BASEVER}/http/http.tcl
> > -lib/tcl${BASEVER}/http/pkgIndex.tcl
> > +lib/tcl8/8.6/http-2.9.5.tm
>
> What is ${BASEVER}?

8.6 in this case. So you could think that the new path should be
tcl8/${BASEVER} here, but this seems to be number of the version this
module was introduced at, keeping it there, in line with

+lib/tcl8/8.5/msgcat-1.6.1.tm

wich is still that path also for tcl 8.6.x. I admit that this kind of
naming is confusing for any attempt at automatic PLIST generation.

> How about waiting 24h from your first mail to see if anyone who knows
> tcl well speaks up, and then go ahead

I'm fine with that. One round of sleep for the one person around the
globe who can shed more light on this;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis