Re: Failure message when inconsistent X11_TYPE

On 7/21/21 5:59 PM, Edgar Fuß wrote:
I am somewhat sympathetic, but I really don't see X11 as different from
any other large dependency that some people don't like.
X11 doesn't make any sense on a headless machine or one without a graphical
framebuffer.

Well, it does, for X clients.

OTOH, -x11 will severely cut down on bloat, and on server installations I more and more find that preferable over the comfort of a graphics client.

However (on NetBSD), if you leave X11_TYPE=native and don't install the
sets, I think we are in the situation where things that try to use X11
fail.
That would be OK.

Better than "accidentally" pulling in umpteen packages for "technical correctness", yes.

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344