Re: Failure message when inconsistent X11_TYPE

Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 21:38:59 +0200, Frédéric Fauberteau wrote:
>>> I would really like to hear what other people think; this is not an easy
>>> issue to deal with.
>> If there is no objection, I will commit the following patch to fix PR
>> pkg/56299:
>
> % fgrep x11 /etc/mk.conf
> PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS =   -x11
> % pwd
> /misc/pkgsrc/editors/xemacs-packages
> % make
> WARNING: [license.mk] Every package should define a LICENSE.
> ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
> ERROR: /usr/X11R7: X11_TYPE=native but xbase set is not installed
> (missing: mkfontdir).  Either set X11_TYPE to modular or install xbase.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /misc/pkgsrc/editors/xemacs-packages
> %
>
> This is bogus.
>
> If there is a way to communicate that this is a machine sans-X11, the
> above message doesn't mention it. Where do I go from here?

Declaring that there is no X11 is an issue that existed before this
change.

I think your point is that the check blowing up on mkfontdir should only
happen if the package has USE_TOOLS+= mkfontdir, and that code that does
not try to use X11 should not complain.  But you didn't say that, so I'm
not sure.