Re: Failure message when inconsistent X11_TYPE

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 21:38:59 +0200, Frédéric Fauberteau wrote:
>> I would really like to hear what other people think; this is not an easy
>> issue to deal with.
> If there is no objection, I will commit the following patch to fix PR
> pkg/56299:

% fgrep x11 /etc/mk.conf
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS =   -x11
% pwd
/misc/pkgsrc/editors/xemacs-packages
% make
WARNING: [license.mk] Every package should define a LICENSE.
ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
ERROR: /usr/X11R7: X11_TYPE=native but xbase set is not installed
(missing: mkfontdir).  Either set X11_TYPE to modular or install xbase.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /misc/pkgsrc/editors/xemacs-packages
%

This is bogus.

If there is a way to communicate that this is a machine sans-X11, the
above message doesn't mention it. Where do I go from here?

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344