Re: Failure message when inconsistent X11_TYPE

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 06:21:22PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> Frederic Fauberteau <triaxx%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:
>>
>> >   .if empty(MACHINE_PLATFORM:MNetBSD-[0-5].*)
>> >   X11_TYPE?=             native
>> >  +.  if !empty(X11_TYPE:Mnative) && !exists(/etc/mtree/set.xbase)
>> >  +PKG_FAIL_REASON+=      "Native X11 distribution cannot be used if xbase set has not been installed. You should set X11_TYPE=modular or install xbase set."
>> >  +.  endif
>> >   .endif
>>
>> I'm not really a fan, but I can't really argue against this.
>
> I'm not really in favor of this either. Especially since the feature
> test is looking for something completely unrelated to what anything
> cares about.

Good point; I realized that and didn't say it becuase checking for 100
.h and 10 .so is not something we want to do in platform.mk

Maybe, x11-links should at build time actually check for all the stuff
it wants to symlink to (if it doesn't) and fail, and I think everything X
depends on x11-links anyway.