Re: opensmtpd missing makemap

On 23 May 2021, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Mark Carroll <mtbc%ixod.org@localhost> writes:
>
>>  With that, I do notice that the configuration does find,
(snip)
> I do not understand "doesn't come close".

Broadly, I seem to be several steps back, the wip work fixes plenty in
the build.

> My point is that some issues belong to upstream, and some belong to
> pkgsrc.  If you build by hand following upstream's directions and your
> result is other than complete success, then (modulo having found a bug
> in NetBSD exposed by the package), those troubles should be reported
> upstream.

Okay. Yeah, vanilla upstream doesn't build. It looks as if they're
trying to improve their NetBSD CI, I'll offer to help test.

Anyhow, I wanted to report something maybe useful to the wip effort. My
previous build from that mentions,

configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-privsep-path, --with-ssl-dir, --enable-table-db, --without-zlib-version-check

If I adjust --enable-table-db in the Makefile to --with-table-db then
that fixes my original aliases issue, at least, the MTA then seems to
work with an alias table that uses the db driver. newaliases, etc., work
fine after fixing their permissions.

Unfortunately, with an incoming SMTP conversation, when it gets as far
as the first line after DATA, the MTA dies mysteriously with,

smtpd: process pony socket closed

but, hey, it gets further, so I at least wanted to report that
improvement in case it's useful for wip.

-- Mark