Re: Letting gtk3 depend on adwaita-icon-theme

>I am unclear on the details of themes, and it would help if someone could explain:
>Given that programs need some theme, but not a particular one, what
>happens if more than one is installed?

You define the default one on a per user basis,
gtk2, by creating /home/user/.gtkrc-2.0
gtk3, by creating /home/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

Or for system wide,
/usr/pkg/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
/usr/pkg/etc/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

Here's a very stripped down example for gtk2
=====
gtk-theme-name = "Shades-of-gray-Harvest"gtk-icon-theme-name = "Orange-Aurora"
gtk-font-name = "Liberation Sans 10"
=====
and for gtk3
=====