Re: MacOS issues with devel/glibc2, devel/gobject-introspection, devel/pango

> On Feb 18, 2020, at 8:21 AM, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> I ran into problems because I was building from a directory
> "/work/cvs/pkgsrc", where /work is a synthetic symlink to
> "/System/Volumes/Data/work".
>
> It was a reminder that building through symlinks can cause problems
> due to how paths are wrapped and unwrapped, and you should always use
> the realpath to the pkgsrc directory, in my case
> /System/Volumes/Data/work/cvs/pkgsrc.

Thanks for the clarification.

Does that mean that using meson.current_build_dir() will not work in general?

>> Thanks for the fix.  Shall we commit it?
>
> Yeh I'll do that now that it has been independently verified.
>
> Let me know if you run into further problems with other software that
> needs similar fixes.

Will do.  I appreciate your help.  By the way, my main development machine for now is Darwin, so if testing would help you squash bugs like this please let me know.  These corner cases always seem to bite and it would be nice to kill the bugs quicker.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Brook