Re: MacOS issues with devel/glibc2, devel/gobject-introspection, devel/pango

Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> writes:

> * On 2020-02-18 at 15:12 GMT, Brook Milligan wrote:
>
>> > On Feb 18, 2020, at 7:37 AM, Jonathan Perkin <jperkin%joyent.com@localhost> wrote:

> I ran into problems because I was building from a directory
> "/work/cvs/pkgsrc", where /work is a synthetic symlink to
> "/System/Volumes/Data/work".
>
> It was a reminder that building through symlinks can cause problems
> due to how paths are wrapped and unwrapped, and you should always use
> the realpath to the pkgsrc directory, in my case
> /System/Volumes/Data/work/cvs/pkgsrc.

Over time, we have discussed having pkgsrc detect this and error out.  I
still tend to think that would be good, as it's much less mysterious
than the "mostly ok but some packages fail" situation we have now.

>> Thanks for the fix.  Shall we commit it?
>
> Yeh I'll do that now that it has been independently verified.

gobject-introspection now builds for me on 10.13, and passes its (2)
tests.
Thanks for fixing!