Re: pkgsrc patches for Darwin 17.3.0

> On Mar 29, 2018, at 9:51 AM, J. Lewis Muir <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> On 03/29, Brook Milligan wrote:
>>
>> ==================
>> security/policykit
>> x11/xdg-user-dirs
>> ==================
>>
>> Both of these packages have the same problem; the -nonet option
>> to xsltproc prevents downloading certain files.  For example, the
>> following error occurs (along with analogous ones for other files):
>>
>> /Users/brook/pkg-current/bin/xsltproc -nonet http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl polkit-auth.xml
>> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
>>
>> My patches are the following, which simply remove the -nonet option:
>
> This one seems similar to the one you reported for pkgsrc-2017Q1:
>
>  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2017/03/23/msg017918.html
>
> There it was suggested that xsltproc should not be fetching any
> resources from the Internet, and instead it should use the resources
> from the locally installed catalogs.  Then you suggested a patch that
> replaced a URL for docbook.xsl with a local file path under PREFIX.  And
> then joerg@ suggested that even that shouldn't be necessary and that the
> catalog should contain the mapping from the URL to the local file and
> everything should just work.  It was suggested that the catalog might be
> corrupt or that the catalog is incorrect.  The thread seems to end with
> no resolution.  Is this the same problem?

Yes, it is the same problem.

> Is it possible to get some debug output for the problem xsltproc
> invocation using the XML_CATALOG_FILES and XML_DEBUG_CATALOG environment
> variables as described at the bottom of:
>
>  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/UseCatalog.html

I do not really understand the workings of xsltproc and the catalogs well enough to know exactly what to do.  This system is new and the pkgsrc installation is totally new from a clean checkout.  Thus, I am not sure how catalogs could be corrupted, but perhaps that is just a symptom of me not understanding how this all works.

If anyone can give me a bit more guidance, I will be happy to investigate further.

Cheers,
Brook