Re: pkgsrc patches for Darwin 17.3.0

On 03/29, Brook Milligan wrote:
> As part of validating the upcoming pkgsrc release, I am trying to
> build current pkgsrc on a Darwin 17.3.0 system.  I have run into
> several issues that are outlined here, and have provided tentative
> patches.
>
> I am happy to commit these, but would like advice on them (including
> whether or not to commit them) before I do so.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Brook
>

> ==================
> security/policykit
> x11/xdg-user-dirs
> ==================
>
> Both of these packages have the same problem; the -nonet option
> to xsltproc prevents downloading certain files.  For example, the
> following error occurs (along with analogous ones for other files):
>
> /Users/brook/pkg-current/bin/xsltproc -nonet http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl polkit-auth.xml
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
>
> My patches are the following, which simply remove the -nonet option:

Hi, Brook!

This one seems similar to the one you reported for pkgsrc-2017Q1:

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2017/03/23/msg017918.html

There it was suggested that xsltproc should not be fetching any
resources from the Internet, and instead it should use the resources
from the locally installed catalogs.  Then you suggested a patch that
replaced a URL for docbook.xsl with a local file path under PREFIX.  And
then joerg@ suggested that even that shouldn't be necessary and that the
catalog should contain the mapping from the URL to the local file and
everything should just work.  It was suggested that the catalog might be
corrupt or that the catalog is incorrect.  The thread seems to end with
no resolution.  Is this the same problem?

Is it possible to get some debug output for the problem xsltproc
invocation using the XML_CATALOG_FILES and XML_DEBUG_CATALOG environment
variables as described at the bottom of:

  http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/UseCatalog.html

Regards,

Lewis