Re: pkglint issues in pkg_developer

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 03:20:12PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
 > We have seen that before with people who used Pascal or Modual3 for no
 > especially good reason.
 >
 > I'd suggest to rename pkglint4 back to pkglint and move the go
 > version to some special name like pkglint-go-5 (and of course
 > default to the old version).

I disagree. This has been a very positive step for pkglint, inasmuch
as it's now written in something halfway comprehensible *plus* a large
number of outstanding complaints have been addressed.

I think we ought to translate it again into something more accessible
(my vote for the time being would be Python) because it's a core
pkgsrc tool; but going back is not the right answer.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost