Re: [GSoC] Add support for FreeBSD package format, RPM and Debian packages(if time allows) to pkgsrc

On Sun, 29 May 2011, Anton Panev wrote:

> make targets:
> rpm-package - build rpm package
> rpm-repackage
> rpm-clean
> internally used target to check if rpm is installed:
> check-installed-rpm
>
> (I'll add more if needed)
>
> DPKG
>
> make targets:
> dpkg-package - build dpkg package
> dpkg-repackage
> dpkg-clean
> internally used target to check if dpkg is installed:
> check-installed-dpkg

What is "repackage"? Make a package again even if file (foo.rpm for
example) already exists?

What is "clean"?

I didn't look at your code changes yet, but...

It is probably okay to have these targets for troubleshooting and
developing, but for a normal pkgsrc user they should be able to use the
standard targets.

At the minimum, a pkgsrc user should just do:

cd pkgsrc/x11/xterm
make PKG_FLAVOR=rpm install

And that should create RPMs for every dependency (and the final
package), and it would automatically run the native "rpm" tool to
install each in order (before building next package).