RE: [GSoC] Add support for FreeBSD package format, RPM and Debian packages(if time allows) to pkgsrc

> I agree with Jeremy - also, please note that pkgsrc/pkgtools/genrpm
> generates an rpm specfile as part of the process of building an rpm.
> Extra credit is given for noting that gensolpkg generates the
> necessary infrastructure to build a Solaris binary package.

I am not familiar with these tools. Can genrpm/gensolpkg be used to convert a
binary package to these other formats at a later point after the build, or does
it need to be done immediately after with the build directories extant?

Thanks,
Tim