Re: PKG_SYSCONFDIR: use a subdirectory for two files?

On 5/30/11 2:22 PM, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
net/sendfile was changed to use a subdirectory of PKG_SYSCONFDIR when
installing the default configuration files, but the package itself wasn't
changed.

I noticed this when somebody beta-tested the sendfile-2.1b, which I'm
preparing.

Should I move the directory back to PKG_SYSCONFDIR (I'd prefer that!),
or must I use a subdirectory?

Ah, looks like this was my fault in 2003!  Wow, long time ago.

I don't know why exactly I did this (add the subdirectory) and the commit log is not very clarifying. I don't think there is any policy regarding the placement of configuration files in per-package subdirectories.

That said, I *think* the program should work fine if you just pass --sysconfdir=${PKG_SYSCONFDIR} to the configure script? You'll need to do this anyway regardless of whether you kill PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR or not because the default in the package Makefile is to look for configuration files in ${PREFIX}/etc

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv