Re: Dell PERC H330: no disks, no volumes

Oh, I wasn't aware the H330 and HBA330 are different devices!

> There is a PERC H330 and a PERC HBA330 and the Dell PERC9 user manual
> (includes the H330) says you can boot it in HBA mode. Not sure if
> that means that you can chose the firmware.
Oh well. So the HBA330 is a PowerEdge RAID Controller that isn't a RAID
controller? Thanks, Dell marketing!

> -> This is attaching a H330 (RAID version) and it gets the mfii driver.
> mfii0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: "PERC H330 Mini", firmware 25.5.9.0001
OK, remains the question why I don't see any discs in bioctl.

On startup, the machine utters the following:

	PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller BIOS
	Copyright(c) 2016 Avago Technologies
	Press <Ctrl><R> to Run Configuration Utility
	HA -0 (Bus 1 Dev 0) PERC H330 Mini
	FW package: 25.5.0.0001

	0 Non-RAID Disk(s) found on the host adapter.
	0 Non-RAID Disk(s) handled by BIOS

	0 Virtual Disk(s) found on the host adapter.

	0 Virtual Disk(s) handled by BIOS

Is this normal? The only place I see discs being recognized is in the BIOS
setup's controller setup.