Re: Dell PERC H330: no disks, no volumes

On Tue, 13 Sep 2022, Edgar Fuß wrote:

It appears to me we have two drivers for the SAS3008: mfii(4) and mpii(4).
Why?

I know nothing about these drivers, but the man pages show that mfii
works for MegaRAID devices, while mpii deaels with LSI devices.  I
have no idea if this makes a difference.

FWIW, mfii appears tobe more recentin NetBSD, appearing in 8.0 (vs
6.0 for mpii.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost    |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost  |
| & Network Engineer |                          | pgoyette99%gmail.com@localhost |